Power of One
It has been our dream at Project Yesu, since 2018, to open the doors of Suubi Academy to the children in our program. To ensure that every child has the opportunity to receive a quality education, as we believe in the transformative power of education. And for them to get that education locally, in their home village without traveling 2 – 3 hours and being away from their families for 2 – 3 months at a time. We need your support to bring this dream to reality.
To do this, we want to introduce a unique fundraising concept that we believe will not only raise the required funds of $250,000 but also foster a sense of community and encourage a wider network of individuals to support our cause. We call it the “Power of One Challenge” and will run from September 1 – December 31, 2023 to close out the year.
The concept is simple, yet impactful. We would like to reach out to people like you, who care deeply about education and changing the lives of vulnerable children. We ask you to join us by donating just one dollar towards the construction of Suubi Academy. Every single dollar makes a difference, and by challenging your friends and family to do the same, we can build a strong fundraising movement.
Why one dollar? The idea behind this approach is two-fold. Firstly, a small amount like one dollar is affordable for almost anyone, which allows us to include a larger number of potential donors. Secondly, we want to emphasize that collective efforts can lead to a significant outcome; together, a community can come together and achieve something extraordinary.
By constructing a school in this area, we will not only provide a safe and nurturing environment for children but also empower the community with knowledge and opportunities for a brighter future. Education is the cornerstone of positive change, and with each brick we lay, we will help shape a better future for this community.
We hope you will consider participating in the Power of One Challenge and encouraging your friends and family to join. Your donation and active involvement will directly impact the lives of hundreds of children. By posting on social media, using the hashtag #PowerOfOneChallenge, you can help us spread this campaign far and wide.
Help us build Suubi Academy by participating in the #powerofonechallenge
Here’s how it works:
1. Donate $1 to our fundraising campaign.
2. Share a post on social media, challenging your friends and followers to donate $1 as well.
3. Tag us [@projectyesu] and use the hashtag #powerofonechallenge in your post.
4. Encourage others to share their donation and challenge others.
By participating in the #powerofonechallenge, you not only contribute to our cause but also help spread awareness about the need for education and inspire others to take action.
In recognition of your support, we will list the name of every “Power of One” donor on a banner that will hang in Suubi Academy. We encourage you to follow us on social media to stay informed about the progress of construction and the positive impact your donation has made.
By joining forces and inspiring others with the #PowerOfOneChallenge, we can change the lives of countless children, uplift a community, and create a brighter future.
We believe in the power of ONE person to make a difference, in the power of community to effect lasting change, in the importance of providing a safe and loving environment for vulnerable children, and in the transformative power of education
When one person, who has a dream and a passion to change things joins with another, and then another their power increases and lives are changed forever.
– Mallory Fundora
How many times do we say “I’m just one person, what can I do”? But the story of our founder is proof of what one person can do when you don’t think of why this can’t work and only trust in the plan that God has for you. Our founder was 11 years old when she said YES to the calling God put on her life, and now hundreds of children’s lives have been forever changed. There is so much power in one..but then when one joins with another that power multiplies.
So what can YOU do? YOUR family? YOUR business? YOUR church? This is a journey, a daily walk to fight for a better future for vulnerable children in Uganda and we can’t do it alone, we need YOU!
What can I do? How can I help?
One Person/One Family
- You can sponsor one of our children. $32 a month will change their life, and YOURS forever!
- You can host a fundraiser! This can be as easy as hosting a Lemonade Stand, cleaning out a closet and having a Garage Sale, baby-sit, house-sit or pet-sit and donate your proceeds to Project Yesu.
- Make a monthly or one-time donation. We are a 501(c)3 and donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Shop our online store
- Become a Social Media Ambassador
- Become an advocate (more information coming soon)
- Share our story! We all have circles of influence, share the story of Project Yesu with friends and family
- Promote – Share the story of Project Yesu with your employees and colleagues
- Donate – Make a monthly or one-time donation. We are a 501(c)3 and donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Fundraise – You can donate a portion of your sales to Project Yesu, host a shopping event or create a unique fundraising opportunity!
- Sponsor – we are always looking for businesses to become event sponsors for our annual Orphan Luncheon (November) and Go Green Run (March)
- Brainstorm – Are you an out of box thinker? We’d love to hear other ways you can support Project Yesu
- Prayerfully – Pray for Project Yesu. for our children who are not sponsored, the communities of
Musimaand the Acholi Quarter, expanding our reach in Uganda, future teams and trips and for Project Yesu staff
- Resourcefully – Invite us to share the mission of Project Yesu with your congregation, youth group, community groups, share mission trip opportunities, coordinate supply drives, host an event
- Financially – Make a monthly or one-time donation. We are a 501(c)3 and donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Creatively – help us find new and creative ways to help Project Yesu