For the past four years, I have brought hundreds of dresses with me when I travel to Uganda….dresses that have been handmade with love from all over the world! It always blows my mind how many of you take the time to make dresses for my sweet friends. You can’t imagine the smiles when a little girl gets a brand new dress…she feels so pretty, like a princess.
This year is no different, as we begin to prepare for our trip in June we are hoping we can continue blessing these sweet girls with a new dress and that is where we need you. They are easy to make, and they don’t take long, believe me, if I can do it…anyone can!
Here is a link to a pattern, tips and tricks
Sew Like My Mom – link
Here are a couple of tips:
- Make sure the fabric is not too sheer, Ugandans are very modest people and we don’t want them to be uncomfortable if the dress is see through
- Depending on the pattern you use…please make sure the ribbon is stitched so it can’t pull through
- Any fabric works…they love the bright patterns
- Don’t forget our older girls…of course the little baby dresses are ADORABLE but my older friends would like a dress too. If you make size 12 or over please make sure you put a slit in the side
- Our older girls would love a simple skirt as well
- Our boys need love too, if you can sew shorts, or can pick some up at the thrift store we would happily take them also
- We need all dresses in by June 1st so we can sort, organize and pack them to head to Uganda! Dresses can be mailed to: Project Yesu PO Box 3424 Clarksville, TN 37043
If you would like to help…you can email me email@example.com and I’ll tell you where to send your completed dresses to!
Webale Nyo! (thank you so much!)